According to HubSpot’s survey, 59% of the respondents stated that emails influence their buying decisions.
The figure emphasizes how effective email marketing can be in driving sales.
However, you’ll need to use the right approach, tools, and follow tried and tested design tips for creating stunning emails to generate clicks and conversions.
After all, your email marketing efforts should be valuable and engaging to your audience to help you achieve your campaign goals.
Learn these six email marketing strategies to boost your email click-through rates and increase revenue.
1. Include a catchy email signature
An email signature makes your emails look professional, helping you build trust, connect with your audience, and show subscribers a glimpse of your brand’s personality.
Consider these tips when creating your email signature.
- Keep it simple. Avoid overloading your signature with too many texts and elements. Stick to the basic details such as your brand name, email, website, etc.
- Ensure consistent branding. Apply the same color schemes and logo you use in all your marketing materials, including your email signature.
Take a look at Wisestamp’s email signature builder, which lets you create and design your email signatures, upload your logo, and more for your campaigns.
The software also has several professional-looking and captivating templates that you can choose from.
- Add necessary links. Include links to your social media platforms and homepage to encourage subscribers to connect with you through other channels.
Craft a memorable email signature that bolsters your brand and credibility to connect to your audience and drive conversions.
2. Segment your audience
Since your subscribers differ in levels of readiness to convert, segment them based on their interests, unique characteristics, etc., to send appropriate content to the right people.
Determine your critical segments as well and target them with relevant campaigns.
For instance, send special offers emails to your previous customers to entice them back to your store and increase your conversion opportunities.
Using lead generation solutions such as MailMunch, segment your email list by setting filters.
Establish segments to help you create laser-focused marketing materials and target them to appropriate audiences to increase your revenue.
3. Personalize your content
Email marketing personalization is targeting your email campaigns to specific audiences based on factors such as their last purchased product, demographics, etc.
Tailor your content to your customers’ needs and provide offers relevant to their interests to give them personalized experiences.
Doing so helps you connect, engage, and nurture relationships with your audience, which boosts your conversions and sales.
Try these email personalization methods for your campaigns.
- Address your subscribers using their names. Make your audience feel special by using their names in your greeting or subject line to engage them better.
- Deliver content relevant to your audiences’ lifecycle stage. Send appropriate content to the right audience, such as a welcome message for new subscribers and upsell offers for previous customers.
- Send content about personal and seasonal events. Personalize your campaigns more by sending your subscribers birthday and holiday greetings (among others).
Build trust and nurture relationships with your audience through personalized email marketing campaigns and improve your click-through and conversions rates.
4. Automate your campaigns
Effective email marketing requires aligning aspects of your campaign, but this takes time and effort.
Automate your email marketing campaigns for efficiency, better returns, and increased conversions.
Use email automation software to automate your campaigns, including setting up pre-set conditions and triggers, such as particular times and subscriber actions.
For example, set campaign triggers to send welcome emails to new subscribers.
Other emails you can automate include:
- Abandoned cart emails. Remind customers about their abandoned cart items and renew their interest in your products to entice them back to your store to complete their purchase.
- Newsletters. Automate your newsletters to send regular updates, special offers, and other promotions efficiently and maintain regular audience engagement.
Image Source: J!NS
Automate your email marketing campaigns to streamline your efforts, drive efficiency, and get better ROI and conversions.
5. Optimize for mobile
Based on statistics, 42.3% of users will delete emails that are not optimized for mobile, and that’s significant conversion and sales opportunities down the drain.
Make your email campaigns mobile-friendly to provide an excellent user experience for your subscribers and increase engagement.
Optimize your emails for mobile with the following tips.
- Keep it short. Write concise email copies, subject lines, and pre-headers and use bigger font sizes so readers can see your content clearly on small displays.
- Use responsive design. Work with email campaign builders with features for creating mobile-friendly emails.
- Test your call-to-action. Avoid using unnecessary email graphics that take away the focus from your CTA, or make them hard to read or tap on a mobile screen.
Test which CTA color, text, content, etc. drive more conversions.
6. Track the right metrics
Identify your metrics to assess your email marketing campaigns’ performance and uncover areas of improvement.
Your email campaign metrics can include:
- Bounce rate. Monitor your bounce rate to get insights that affect your conversions, such as email list or content problems, delivery issues caused by technical glitches, and more.
- Email open rate. Track the number of opened emails to assess your reach and compare the performance of campaigns sent to different audience segments.
- Unsubscribe rate. Check this metric to assess if your subscribers respond well to your campaigns and identify which content needs improvement.
- Email signup. Assess your signup rate to determine the effectiveness of your email campaigns in driving visitors to your landing page.
- List growth rate. If this metric is low, you’ll need to refine your lead generation and communication strategies to improve your conversions.
Define your metrics based on your email marketing campaign objectives to determine what you’re doing right or wrong.
Use your metrics to help refine your strategies and improve your results.
While there is no perfect formula for successful email marketing, including the basics and refining your campaigns is a good starting point.
Build email campaigns that help you connect with your audience, nurture relationships with them, tailor your content to their needs and include conversion elements.
Find the best approach that benefits both your customers and business to help drive your conversions and sales through the roof.
If you know other email marketing strategies, share them with us in the comment section. Cheers!
Marc lives and breathes writing. He writes about marketing, business, sports, cybersecurity, or just about anything and everything under the sun.