Email Marketing has been one of the most valuable tools when it comes to online marketing since it began. It has been time-tested and has evolved and offered flexibility for various industries to lean on to meet their marketing objectives. This has spawned a large market for software developers to pool their ingenuity and develop a wide array of email marketing software.
From the ease of content creation through readymade templates, tracking metrics like click-through rates and analytics, to automation using user behavior; email marketing software is available with a host of capabilities and budgets that cater to a vast set of user preferences.
We look now at 11 Email Marketing Software for 2021 that we recommend. We look at the popular ones and also the more budget-friendly all-rounders that would make choosing one a piece of cake.
With brands like Vimeo and TED as clientele, you would look to no other email marketing software than Mailchimp. Well regarded in the industry, their software boasts uncomplicated usability while holding the fort with what most companies would look for in their email marketing software.
Some of their key features include:
- They offer free plans for up to 2000 subscribers
- Ease of setup, customizable campaigns, A/B Testing are great to hone in your email marketing ideas
- Reporting ability tracks most key metrics like open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates
They run 3 price ranges from $10-$309. You start with 50K contacts that double with each plan upgrade. You are also buying into Marketing CRM, Creative Assistant, Forms, and Landing pages right from the get-go. The more advanced packages will allow you Advanced Segmentation, Behavioral Targeting, and Customer Journey Builder.
They also have a great ‘pay as you go’ option for those who run their email marketing campaigns infrequently.
If you are in the market for an easy-to-use email marketing software then MailerLite might be just what you are looking for. Their platform has an intuitive drag and drop interface that would speed up your design. This is especially useful for a busy business owner who prefers running email marketing by themselves and shy away from advanced features that clutter your email marketing agenda.
Some of their features are:
- Intuitive interface using drag and drop for designing emails
- Library of email templates
- 24/7 live chat and email support get you up to speed in no time
- Free Plans for up to 1000 subscribers
Their pricing starts from as low as $10. You pay more as you add more contacts to your subscriber base. Their premium subscriptions include Newsletter Templates, the ability to use Custom Domains and Pop-up Promotions, and Custom Templates. They also offer add-ons like the ability to publish as many websites and landing pages as you require for a monthly $10 extra or priority support with MailerPro to help you import subscribers, create templates, webforms, and analytics for your metrics for $100 a month.
If MailerLite is for a simple, owner-user type of operations then Hubspot is the complete thing when it comes to similar tools. While Hubspot offers a lot more, they are not strictly just an email marketing tool but a whole CRM services suite. This includes emails, social media posts, and blog publishing.
Some of their features include:
- Complete marketing suite with email marketing, CRM, social media, and blogs.
- Track your email deliverability rates
- You can store unlimited contacts but pay only for contacts you use in your marketing
- Great online training resources
Prices start at $45 monthly for marketing to 1000 contacts with features like Conversational Bots, List segmentation, and Form Follow-up emails. Their upgraded package offers up to 10K marketing contacts, manage your team, Salesforce sync, and Lead scoring.
Mailmunch has been a stalwart in the lead generation and email marketing community since its inception. It has evolved over time to become a complete email marketing tool that provides a marketer with a 360-degree view of their campaigns.
Its benefits include:
- hundreds of templates for emails, forms, and landing pages
- intelligent automations to improve conversion rates
- advanced analytics to track all campaigns
- Journey builder to create precise funnels
Mailmunch comes in 3 pricing tiers, each tier offering more benefits than the rest. You can get started with the free plan to get a taste of Mailmunch before you move to a more comprehensive plan.
Moosend will be for you if the price is a big concern. Moosend has flexible payment options where you either pay for subscribers or the number of emails sent. This helps you work out the best bang for your buck especially if you are just starting.
Best features include
- Flexible charges make Moosend affordable
- Easy to use templates or create your own
As mentioned earlier, you can start at $10 monthly or create your customized plan.
6 . ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign is a great customer experience automation software that manages your contacts and sales process with many integrations. Your email marketing automation is empowered with personalized campaigns that you can create for your subscribers.
Points awarded for:
- Automation abilities that improve user interactions
- Data Migration and Implementation for seamless integration
- A large number of Integrations with popular software
Their prices start at $15 monthly and go up to $279 monthly but you get discounts for annual payments. ActiveCampaign is great if automation is a key focus for your sales process.
ConvertKit is great for you if you are a content creator. If you are a blogger, writer, course creator for example then ConvertKit is definitely for you. If you have up to 1000 subscribers, it is free and ConvertKit’s autoresponder has easy-to-build series templates with drag and drop visual editor features that make building autoresponders quick and intuitive.
Best features include:
- Integrations for popular platforms like Paypal, WordPress, and many more
- Automation for your sales funnel
ConvertKit pricing starts at $29 monthly for 1000 subscribers
Another really good email marketing platform we like is GetResponse. With email automation, templates, segmentation, and personalization, GetResponse is ready for your marketing funnel. One of the best features is its integration with Facebook Pixel for successful retargeting.
Must-have features are:
- Easy set-up autoresponders like welcome emails, follow-ups, and lead nurturing.
- Facebook Pixel Integration for advanced retargeting
Prices are flexible starting at $15 a month for 1000 contacts up to their highest offering for $580 a month for up to 100k contacts and many more features.
AWeber is a great starter for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Their free version with no time limit allows you to learn on the go without extending budgets. Though limited to 500 subscribers in the free version, you will get to learn the ropes of building a successful email marketing strategy with their tools. Email Template designer and automate email content creation with tagging allows campaign flexibility.
Features we like include:
- Legacy follow-up messages as part of your autoresponder series
- Blog broadcasting for engaging readers with a newsletter compilation from your blog
Prices start at $20 a month but you pay more as your subscriber list grows.
Sendinblue is a cost-effective way for small companies to delve into the automation of their email marketing strategies. Starting with unlimited contacts you are limited to 300 emails a day in the free version. They offer simple autoresponder features and are priced well.
Notable features include:
- Plenty of templates to start your design
- Ease of use is high for DIY entrepreneurs and small business
Prices start at $25 a month for up to 10k email contacts and no limit on the number of emails sent. Advanced features include marketing automation, telephonic support, and multiple landing pages.
Another all-in-one email marketing automation platform that caters well to eCommerce brands is Omnisend. Pre-built automation for cart abandonment, welcome and transactional emails streamline your customer experience.
Strong features are:
- Library of templates to make life easier designing a professional email that you can edit and save for future campaigns
- Customizable automation to follow up on customers through their customer journey
Prices start at $16 a month for up to 15k emails a month. Larger enterprises can look at customized plans depending on their requirement.
And there you have it, our top 10 recommendations for Email Marketing Software for 2021 that should suit most companies and their wide set of requirements. We hope you enjoyed our list and we hope you find the best that works for you in this list.